The Fairfield City Library has been proactive in collecting Oral Histories of its residents and has now achieved over 130 recordings. People of backgrounds including, Assyrian, Lao, Polish, Spanish, Vietnamese, Early Pioneers and old Fairfield families, war veterans, police officers, mayors and members of parliament have shared their memories.
This project was a result of a grant funding from the State Government's Library Development Grants. The project will promote remote access to the oral history collection, improve digital archiving and brings council to the forefront of technological innovation.
| - An alphabetical list
of all those interviewed.
- Things about Fairfield you may not know.
- Social, Cultural and Physical changes.
- Fairfield City - Celebrating Diversity.
- From one room schools to 1000 or more pupils, we've grown.
- Fairfield joins the fight.
- What did local residents do with their spare time.
- How they formed, spiritual leaders and activities they have.
- Mayors and Councillors discuss the City.
- Trades from the past, first jobs and other careers of Fairfield residents.
- Police from the Fairfield area share their experiences of policing.